Today´s races were interesting and tight in the Sira Class.
The weather forecast struck at 4 m / s from south-east, then calming in the afternoon. This gave the sailors some challenges, where the choice of route became important. The outgoing current from river Glomma was another challange.
First out was the Finnish «Luna», that took the lead after the first cross mark. She was later by «Bangalore» and «Miss U».
In the second race, «Miss U» was first, followed by «Bangalore» and «Sira», that did a good race.
The results so far show that there is no doubth that the classic Sira Class yachts are capable of fighting with the modern "Miss U" yacht in this championships.
While «Miss U» is alone in group of modern yachts, the Sira yachts, built before 1960, the most interesting group in Hankø these days.
«Bangalore» was the best of the day, and «Luna» had a 2. and a 3.place.The winner of the first day, «Pandora», was number 3 and 10 today.
«Sira», with HM King Harald, finished second in one of the races, while «Wanda» with Dag Usterud, was probably not satisfied with a 6. and a 10. Place.
RESULTS AFTER DAY TWO
1. Miss U, Avia Willment, GBR, Moderne 7. p
2. Bangalore, Terry McLaughlin, CAN, Sira 14 p
3. Pandora, Werner Deuring, AUT, Sira 18 p
4. Luna, Harri Rochier, FIN, Sira 21 p
5. Sira, H M Kong Harald, NOR, Sira 25 p
6. Wanda, Lars Ingeberg, NOR, Sira 25 p
10. If, Tom B K Knutsen, Sira 35 p
11. Carron, Morten Tenvig, Sira 57 p
12. Lady Birgit of Hankø, Sira 57 p
13. Miss Venture of Framnæs, Mona Stensholdt, Sira 62 p